Wednesday 29 May 2013

Kelvin Okafor says ,''I have always been creative''.

The Middlesex University Fine Art graduate spends around 80-100 hours to complete his amazing pencil drawings over approximately three weeks in the studio.  The genre is known as ‘photo-realism’ and Kelvin creates his detailed work based on a mixture of life and photographs. The highly skilled 27-year old has already had more than 50 commissions and is generating a buzz at galleries he exhibits at and online .              The Tottenham based artist said: “I’ve always been creative, but fell in love with using pencils in particular.  It was only when my images started to create a buzz with other Middlesex University students that I realised their impact.”   
         Before even starting a piece, Kelvin spends a few days analysing a photo, concentrating firstly on the subject’s eyes as he shapes the portrait through them due to their importance to the piece.  Starting from £5,000, each of his pieces of work sells for on average £8,000-£10,000 dependent on the scale.

     “The attention I’m receiving is surreal and hasn’t really sunk in yet.  I’m usually sheltered from it in my studio as I continue to build my portfolio, but I’m really humbled and honoured that so many people appreciate my work.  I hope to have my own gallery in the future,” added Kelvin.  I watched this amazing artist on T.V and just thought to share he is really amazing!! entertain yourself with his step by step sketch below.






























The Masterpiece   
 Bless you Kelvin I hope your works inspires someone to develop the talent they've got ... some extra works



cute smile


The Artist himself

Having a chat with guests

No comments:

Post a Comment